Even in uncertain times, the Algarve continues to pick up awards recognising excellence in tourism. The Publituris Portugal Trade Awards 2020 recently distinguished three entities in the region, including award veteran, the marina of Vilamoura.
Presented in Lisbon on March 17, the Publituris Portugal Trade Awards 2020 named Vilamoura marina the Best Marina in the country, a distinction it has received consecutively for the last decade.
“The distinction recognises the high level of satisfaction of Marina de Vilamoura’s clients along with the quality of nautical services and facilities provided. The award follows on from the consecutive 2019 and 2020 recognition as International Marina of the Year by the Yacht Harbour Association,” according to a statement emitted by the marina.
The Algarve region also received recognition for the Best Theme Park, awarded to Zoomarine in Guia, and Best Congress Centre, presented to the Centro de Congressos do Algarve for the first time.
Organised every year by the tourism newspaper Publituris to recognise “excellence in tourism”, the Publituris Portugal Trade Awards 2020 also recognised Lisbon as the Best Municipality, Altice (in Lisbon) as the Best Event Venue and Sublime Comporta Country Retreat & Spa as the Best Exclusive Hotel.
Other winners included:
• MSC Cruzeiros (Best Cruise Company)• APG Portugal (Best General Sales Agent for Aviation)
• Top Atlântico (Best Corporate Agency)
• Turitravel (Best B2B Reservations Centre)
• Picos de Aventura (Best Tourist Entertainment)
• Pedras Salgadas Spa & Nature Park (Best Eco Accomodation)
• Monverde Wine Experience Hotel (Best Wine Hotel)
• Savoy Palace (Best Luxury Hotel)
• Herdade da Malhadinha Nova (Best Rural Accomodation)
• Guest-U (Best Start-up)
You can peruse holiday properties available to rent in western Algarve here in our portfolio.